Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sore fingers

Well, I am still working on the first Irish lace project, the tight work and tiny thread is hard to work with, it causes my fingers to cramp much more quickly than usual.

For those of you who don't know yet, I have Lupus and it sometimes causes arthritis like pain in my joints and muscles. I love to crochet and sometimes do it more than I should, but when I have a flare up it is harder than ever to work. Not that I mean to complain, just a little insight into why my work means so much to me I guess.

I have been having some pain lately and so the project is going slower than I anticipated, but the Lace is going to be beautiful! I am working in colors rather than just plain white, I have yet to decide what shape the lace will take - vest, pillow, purse, what do you all think?

I did take a break today, my son had his first soccer game, and so we went to cheer him on.
They played great, but still lost. I am sure they will do better next time. Just have to keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment