Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I have recently begun to seriousy learn how to crochet Irish lace. Irish lace is one of the most durable laces, and in my opinion, one of the most beautiful and artistic. From what research I have done on this, it appears that it was once worked in factories by many workers at once, it is worked one motif at a time, then placed and sewn on a peice of cambric in the design it is to become. once all the main motifs are crocheted, placed, and sewn, then the filling lace would be worked to put it all together as one piece of lace.

I love Irish lace not only for it's beauty and durability, but also because it is very freindly to artistic licence. One can work the motifs in slightly different ways to create different effects, as well as the artistry it takes to place the motifs in a pleasing manner. I hope to have some work soon to show all of you, but in the meantime, go check out my artfire store to see what is available now. http://www.crochetaddict.artfire.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment