Friday, January 28, 2011

Working through it....

So, it's been a month now, since the new year started. How are you doing on your attempt at building new habits?

I have struggled some - but am finding out, to my delight, that both Kathy Drown and Wendy Blight were right. As you begin to cultivate these habits, they get easier and easier to do. Especially as concerns Bible Study and Prayer. These particular disciplines build upon themselves and are in themselves an encouragement to continue.

I find too that as I add these disciplines to my life, it spills over into the rest of my " things to do"
and I discover that I actually have MORE time by adding these things. They help me keep my priorities straight. I have found my house is actually cleaner and I still have time to work on my crochet projects that have been sitting around waiting to be finished.I also have found more time to spend with my boys - something I dearly want and need to be able to do.

What are some of the things that are your stumbling blocks to cultivating these habits? Let's work on eliminating those one at a time, and replace them with a new and positive "weave" in our life. Like getting rid of the old and worn yarn in a work, and replacing it with good strong yarn. It takes quite a bit of work, but the result is a work ( life ) that will hold up much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment